Today’s Music Industry and Finding Your Fans
The Musicality Podcast – Episode #98
Most of you have read my articles, but I don’t think you have heard my actual voice. Do you know my path into the industry?
Christopher Sutton invited me to be a guest on Musicality Podcast here http://musl.ink/pod98
On the episode I talk about my journey from being a working musician to label executive. My story.
We also talk about:
- My background as a professional drummer and how a pivotal audition hammered home an important lesson about the music business
- Chris found a polite way to ask me: What’s the point of record labels these days?
- And I reveal the one thing that musicians get absolutely backwards when it comes to getting fans
So if you’re driving, mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, or out for a walk, put this 40 minute interview on.
Musical U has been around since 2010 and has an online academy with different training modules to help musicians master their instruments. They also have an ear training app called Easy Ear Training that has helped over 1 million musicians.
After you listen, leave some comments or questions for me below. Thanks for listening!
Latest posts by Todd McCarty (see all)
- 20 Spotify Playlist Promotion Tips for 2019 - January 7, 2019
- 35 Great Ways to Make Money With Your Music in 2019 - January 7, 2019
- How To Plan A Concert – Gig Checklist - January 6, 2019